Thursday, April 30, 2009

Albertsons and Target deals!

Yesterday I found out late in the game about Albertsons offering double coupons in the Des News and SL Trib daily paper. (Page C7 of the Des News) Thanks Joy! I had barely enough time to cut my coupons, make my list and get to the stores before I needed to pick up my husband at work, so sorry I didn't let you know about it earlier. You can still take advantage of the deal if your neighbor has a daily paper they would be willing to let you cut out the doubles. I was SOO excited though! And I got some amazing deals! If you have signed up for the PYP Albertsons mailer- they sent out two double coupons you can use this week only, and you could use those for some of these deals too if you wanted. Here is a picture and post of what I did, I was so excited!

I bought two newspapers for .50 each, and saved $16 in the process. $1 investment for $15 return, I think that's pretty good! You can see what coupons I used and the deal matchups here.



I spent $11.62 (Including the $1 for the 2 newspapers)
But I would have spent $68.08- that's a savings of 83%! AWESOME!

I got some much needed toilet paper, yogurt and my husband would say much needed oreos! Oreos are his favorite treat. I got them for $1 a package after the $1/2 doubled coupon, and they were on sale for $2 a package. There are some Taquitos I also got for my husband for lunches that I put in his work freezer when I picked him up so they aren't pictured here.

I did use a $10 catalina I got last week at Albertsons, but a $5 and $3 catalina printed out for me this time, so it's like I spent $3.62 because I have $8 to use at Albertsons anytime in the next two weeks! Score!

And Target:


All of this retails for $28.44
I spent $4.48 only using Target and manufacturer coupons. Plus I got a $5 gift card for my next Target purchase- so it's like Target paid me $.52 to shop there!

I used all the deal matchup ideas from my post here.

Pretty much free apples, free Purel, Free soy candles, free Dry Idea deodorant, free Easy Mac and .50 squeezable healthy Mayo. Perfect for camping- no knives!

Email me what you guys have gotten on a great deal and I'll post it up here! I think this might be a new part of my blog, posting the proof that using coupons works everyday, and is definitely worth anyone's time!

1 comment:

  1. yes yes yes, please do! I love hearing about the deals you get--it is inspiring and helps me plan my own shopping trips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete