Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How to save time while still getting the deals.

I just read a great guest post on one of my favorite sites Hip2Save. Here's one of the tips, and then a link to read the entire post.

"Are you spending more time each week finding the deals and less time enjoying your finds?

It's certainly easy to while away an entire weekend hunting down deals, pouring over circulars, and carefully clipping coupons. But if you're like most people and have other things to do, you might consider these easy time-saving tips that have helped me:

1. Don't go shopping the first day of the sale. When I started couponing, I had this sense of urgency to go out the first day of the sale to snatch up the deals right away. But inevitably, I'd get home and go online only to read about some amazing shopping scenario that I missed on a blog or deal forum. Then I'd have to decide whether to make a separate trek out to the store or kick myself for not waiting. Now I let the sales simmer for a few days and learn from the successes of other shoppers. (Of course, this does not apply to those amazing blow-out deals such as a clearance special or that amazing diaper sale at Walgreens a couple weeks back!)"

by Angela Russel at The Coupon Project . Her site is written with newbie couponers in mind. She shares deals on her site, but also more of the "nuts and bolts" of couponing and simple tricks to get you started. Check it out, as well as the rest of the post.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for directing your readers to the article I posted on Hip2Save! Glad to have found your blog in the process. - Angela

    ReplyDelete