Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dinner List for August 4-11



Morning Star veggie burgers- surprisingly delicious (we had these yesterday August 4th) with Watermelon- I got the Burger patties at Target and after the Kelloggs rebate the patties ended up costing me .34 a box. Watermelon and green salad for sides.

Tuna Noodle Cobbler- A fun twist on a standard recipe. I don't use the pimentos, but chop up red and yellow peppers and it turns out great. You can add any vegetables to this, and it still turns out great.

Hot Dog Roast up the canyon- and the standard sides watermelon, potato salad, and lemonade

Catalina Chicken- MMMM- I love this recipe! Since I only have bone in chicken, this might be interesting- but I think I'm going to put it in the crock pot, and maybe the meat will fall off the bone. It's a super simple recipe. Chicken Breast- 1 can cranberries (jellied) 8 ounces catalina dressing, pour over chicken in a casserole dish (uncovered) baked 350 for 1 hour. (In my crockpot I'm going to try to cook it on low for several hours) Served with rice- and squash on the side.

Crepes- 3-4 eggs, 2 c milk, 2 c flour, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 3/8 c sugar, 3/8 c oil, pinch of salt- blend it all up and cook on a skillet. Served with peanut butter, syrup, eggs, fruit, and jam.

Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad (Using up one of my free Sun dried tomato dressings I got at Smiths this week! And I'm making my own sun dried tomatoes.) Thanks Amber for the recipe to try!

Macaroni and Cheese from The Deceptively Delicious cookbook- it has butternut squash or cauliflower puree in it.

Squash casserole- I haven't decided what recipe to use for next week yet- what are your favorites?

Can you tell what is ripe in my garden- squash and tomatoes- YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Making your own sun dried tomatoes - I'm sooooo impressed! You'll have to let me know what you do so I can try it :)

    ReplyDelete