Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Albertsons and Smiths shopping trip!

Yesterday was a crazy day- and I only had time to put my groceries away- so I didn't take a picture of them. But here is what I got.

Smiths- double coupon event (this ends TONIGHT!)

2 lbs Challenge butter
2- 4 packs Dannon Yogurt
4 Cover Girl Eye Shadow
1 French's mustard
4 cans of Dole pineapple
3 bottles of Ken's dressing
2 packages of Ronzoni Bistro meals
4 lbs of cheese
3 sticks of Secret deodorant
1 16 oz container of cottage cheese
2 packages of Deli meat
1 box Pringles Stix

I would have spent $75.36

But after coupons and sales I spent $16.07

That's a savings of 79%!

And then at Albertsons I purchased

8 bottles of Wishbone salad dressing
4 bags of salad (my salad dressing had hanging coupons that if you bought two Wishbone products you could get 1 free bag of salad up to $2- there were still some in an end cap display across from the dairy isle at the Center Street store)
4 Knorr Pasta Sides
4 boxes of Kix cereal
3 boxes of Honey Nut cheerios
2 bottles of Mayonnaise

I would have spent $62.72

and I spent $18.22- but got back a $15 catalina good on my next purchases at Albertsons- which means I really spent $3.22!

And without factoring in my catalina I saved 71%!

Now some of you probably are thinking- how in the world does she make meals out of all this random stuff? That is not a normal grocery shopping list. And it's true. It isn't. But I buy things when they are the cheapest most rock bottom price and as much of it as I can. Then I do the same thing the next week, I just buy different items. So now when I need to make dinner I can go to my pantry and shop there- rather than at the grocery store at full prices. Love it! I might go hit the Albertsons sale again this week, but for right now I need a little shopping rest. :)

I do have to say though the Albertsons on Center Street in Provo was AMAZINGLY stocked, and even the Smiths was! I was happy that the store managers prepared for these sales and really made an effort to keep the major sale items available. I think I'm going to call their corporate offices to let them know how great I think they both did.

2 comments:

  1. Let them know too that the Smith's in Payson managers were NOT informed so a lot of the stuff I tried to get was gone by 8:00 AM. :( I still did okay though, but my friend told me the manager was not very happy that corporate didn't tell them about it. He could have prepared better. I still saved 50% on one trip and 72% on my next trip though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome...I didn't even go to Smith's cause I was overwhelmed with Albertson's lol. I did almost as well as you, though not quite...82% discount, but that was including the $15 catalina. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete