Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Great Albies sale!

Like always... So I went to Albertsons this morning and had a great trip! Besides grabbing my Hawaiian Tropic coupons not the Banana Boat ones and all my Starkist Tuna coupons being expired (so I DIDN'T use a coupon for those)- I think I did pretty well.

If you haven't checked this sale out yet- go here and look at it! Cereal is .49 a box or FREE, yogurt is .50 for a 4 pack and although I normally try not to spend more than $1.79 for roast- for fathers day I threw a cross rib roast in the crock pot- when I usually use a chuck roast- and it was the most tender delicious roast I have had for a really long time- so I also grabbed a cross rib roast for $1.88 that I'm sticking in my freezer for later. I thought .10 more per pound for that amazing delicious and better meat- I'm going with it.

There are two double coupons in the ad you can use while there too! That makes for some free stuff! Here is the PYP double coupon list of free or dirt cheap things you can get with your double coupons this week.

Also just so you know if you buy 5 Starkist pouches you will get $1 OYNSO catalina that will print and that you can use like cash next time you go to the store. If you find a tear pad for $1.50/3 of them that makes the pouches .25 each- and then with the catalina even more insanely cheap. I heard they still have some at the Lehi Albies and the Orem State St. one if you wanted to check it out. There weren't any tear pads at my store, and like I said my other coupons were expired, so I got four cans of tuna and although I paid the full price after the instant savings of .75 each for them- I still felt pretty good about that. (The catalina will NOT print for the cans- and the cans are 5 ounces where the pouches at 2.5 ounces- I figured more ounces for my food storage if I don't have a coupon.)

Anywho here is my picture and list for the week.


  • 1 cross rib roast
  • 4 cans of Starkist tuna
  • 2 4 packs of Activa Fiber yogurt
  • 2 boxes of Raisen Bran
  • 2 boxes of Frosted Flakes
  • 4 Pillsbury Brownie mixes (perfect for those need to bring something to potlucks)

One more disclaimer- we don't eat Frosted Flakes- but they were free after the sale and coupons, and I love giving things to the Utah Food Bank that I know other people enjoy. So even if you don't eat Frosted Flakes- go ahead and get it and maybe consider donating it to someone in need or a shelter.

This retails for $55.62

I paid .18

That's a savings of 99%!

I did use my $10 catalina from a sale there two weeks ago- but I felt great about what I was able to get, even if I didn't use that catalina.

I plan on spending $5 for 2 things of Banana Boat sunscreen and since I saved so much today, my budget for the week is so full- I'll have A LOT of wiggle room for eating out and miscellaneous items on the trip we're leaving on Saturday for.

2 comments: