Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner Ideas for the week!

O.k. here's my quick dinner list before I go and reorganize my refrigerator to fit a whole bunch of carrots and apples into it.

Tuesday- Rotisserie Chicken with Artisian Bread and this sunny broccoli pasta salad

Wednesday- Meatloaf mini's (meatloaf put in muffin tins- they cook faster), mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.

Thursday- Potato soup with bacon from the book Deceptively Delicious (I add the bacon), and more Artisian Bread.

Friday- BBQ Chicken Pizza

Saturday- Eric's high school reunion. I'm not going because the tickets are $30 a piece! But I'll eat at my family's house when we go up anyway.

Sunday- Fathers Day- Roast and mashed potatoes, my grandma's amazing carrot recipe (OHHH SOOO good!) and a salad, by the Father's request.

Monday- Something with pork. I need to use up pork- but I usually only make sweet pork for burritos with it and I made that- but have TONS left over and don't want to use it for more burritos (pregnant thing, I can't eat the same thing twice in a month now I guess.) Do you have any creative recipes to use with pork? Help me out! And not Pork salad- that doesn't sound good either- like a good soup or something. Pork Lo Mein maybe....

Also I'm not going to post my store experience this week because I just went to the Buy Low for some fruits and vegetables and a big thing of ground beef that was .78/lb. I spent $10. Monday I'm going to Albertsons for the sale they're having right now and using more double coupons that will be in the Sunday newspaper because I don't need anything on the list- and I can wait until then. AND we're trying to save a little bit of our weekly budget to help pay for our Cali trip. (Big family reunion in a few weeks.)

Quick Question! Do you guys like having links or actual recipes for each dinner- or just the ideas? I guess if you wanted the recipe enough, you ask for it in the comments section. I have found I usually just like the ideas of what I can cook for the week, and then I tweak from there- unless it's an amazing recipe or something I haven't ever made before- then I'll use the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I love the lists of dinners as well as links to something unusual, or particularly good. I have the hardest time coming up with dinner ideas, so this is great! Thanks!
    Also, you could try BBQ pork ribs. Just throw the pork in the crock pot in the morning with water and 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 5 hrs. Then, shred into a 9x13 pan cover with the rest of the BBQ sauce and tin foil and let bake at 350 for 20 min. or so.
    I serve it with flavored rice and veggies. Pretty easy and pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete