Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dinner list for the week

Here are my dinner ideas for the week: (It's a short list because I'm watching my brothers and sisters this weekend while my parents are in Texas for a wedding. So the rest of the meals we'll be doing up there.)

Pampered Chef Pork and Ramen Skillet - delicious! And I sometimes substitute chicken for it, and it works very well.

Cranberry Catalina Chicken: A very simple and easy meal that is scrumptious! Pour 8 oz of catalina dressing and one can of jellied cranberries over 4 chicken breasts. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve over rice. (Hooray for free Kraft Catalina dressing at Albertsons two weeks ago! And I have a store of canned jellied cranberries I got at .25 a can a year ago.)

Easy Lasagna- We had the french dip sandwiches on Sunday instead of this, so back onto my list of recipes to make it goes!

Chicken and Brocolli bake- Check it out. I use a bag of frozen broccoli in place of the fresh.

I usually half the amount of meat my recipe calls for. Not only does this save me money, so my meat stretches further, it's healthier and I find that I don't even like the full amount of meat in my meals anymore.

Making this list doesn't take too long, and helped me be less stressed when figuring out what I wanted to make last week. Thanks for reading this, so I feel the pressure to do it. I have been wanting to do something like this for a long time now, and I really am seeing the benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment